To inquire about how you can become a volunteer please fill out the form below. If you have additional questions, please call us at 250-492-0295 or email
Thinking about Volunteering?
The OSNS is a non-profit organization and as such depends on the support of individuals like you to put on events and maintain our facilities for children and youth.
We would like to thank all of our volunteers for all your time and contributions. You are appreciated at all levels of the organization.
Sign up to be a volunteer :
Get involved in our events such as our annual telethon and Easter Egg Hunt
Join our board of directors
Help to raise awareness and donations
Offer assistance during community initiatives such as selling tickets for our fundraisers.
Help in our garden
Come in a read to the children
We encourage community involvement through volunteering!
Here are some examples of the types of volunteer opportunities available:
If you are looking for something specific, please do not hesitate to fill out a form and contact us directly for volunteer/work experience inquires.
Sewing, knitting, quilting:
At OSNS we are always looking for talented and creative, skilled seamstresses, knitters and quilters to help us with odd projects around the centre.
Project can include:
• Sewing new bean-bags
• Repairing some of our current materials that need patchwork and or mending
• Life sized teddy bear mascot costume
• Re-upholstering of furniture
• Quilt making – for children blankets
• Knitting: scarves, toques, hats and blankets
Organizing & Cleaning, Craft Making
At OSNS we have a ton of games, equipment, books, resources, toys and many other items that require organization.
Projects may include:
• Washing, ironing, folding and hanging clothing in our clothing exchange area
• Toy washing and putting away
• Bookshelf organization
• De-cluttering of cupboards, shelving and storage spaces
• Art supply organization
• Craft making and creation; cutting, pasting, assembling, making play dough and other materials
At OSNS we have a lot of outdoor space for children to play. We also have a fruit and veggie garden and a flower garden. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to always clean up and properly dedicate time to these spaces. There is a lot of beauty potential!!
Tasks might include:
• Weeding, sweeping, trimming, dead-heading
• Planting, watering and TLC of our garden
• Beautifying our outdoor space. We are open to new ideas!
Handyman Odd Jobs:
At OSNS we have an ongoing list of jobs that require a handyman or someone who is skilled in the repair department.
Tasks might include
• Fixing equipment
• Refurbishing furniture
• Minor repairs and renovations in our facility
Do you have previous experience in reception or administration? We would love to use your experience and have you join our front of house team! **We will provide assistance and training on new tasks, but clerical experience is required.
Tasks might include:
• Basic administrative work
• Answering the phone
• Greeting moms, dads, children and families at the centre
• Processing documents
• Basic book-keeping
• Data entry
• Leading tours to newcomers to our centre
• Running errands
Promotion & Sales:
At any given time, the OSNS is likely running a fundraiser of sorts. We are always looking for people to help sell tickets, solicit sponsors or put up posters around town.
This job is on a per event basis.
Throughout the year OSNS puts on many events! These include the LocoLanding Easter Egg Hunt, the Colour4Kids run, the Telethon and many more events! Please let us know if you would like to get involved.
These volunteer opportunities are on a per event basis.
Assisting in Daycare:
The Early Childhood Educators have their hands full. We could always use some extra hands and eyes to help manage the munchkins. This opportunity requires a strict background and criminal record check. The opportunity is perfect for those looking to work directly with children. Must possess some experience, compassion and kindness.